Monday, February 25, 2008

Site News, FFXI News

Just a minor update to thesailing.org today - expect a wrap up of the GBV tribute later tonight (and an exciting announcement!), for now enjoy a tiny little the sailing logo (sailcrest?) in your URL address bar, history display, and bookmarks menu! That's right, the shortcut icon issues have been ironed out (mostly problems getting a Windows icon file out of the Mac version of Photoshop) and now you can enjoy the sailcrest all over your favorite browser experience!

In other news my boy Matt Hamm, viceroy of Las Vegas, has joined the fight against the Beastmen of Vana'diel! For the MMO-backstory-deficient I'm talking about Final Fantasy XI - the most "SERIOUS BUSINESS" of all MMORPGs. I've been powerleveling him the last few nights, and hope to be in a 'real' group with him once he hits 15. An interesting side effect of this is Matt's great interest in crafting igniting an interest in me as well. Crafting in FFXI is just something I've never really messed with before, but Matt's eagerness to get involved with woodworking has sort of gotten me into it myself. Sometimes you need to see the game through another's eyes in order to appreciate its finer points!

No comments: