Monday, February 25, 2008

I just found this on a message board I post on - it's something I wrote about how excited I was for the winter of 2006. Now that we've had at least a week of what feels like "true winter" here in Dayton (snow and ice on the ground and consistent cold weather) I thought it'd be nice to post it here. Also, Tech likes to poke fun about how I like winter better than the other seasons, so he should find this pretty hilarious.

a new day dawns on america - and you find me, basking in the glory of the rising sun. the pale winterlight bouncing off my frost covered face - a gentle gale pushing my stringy dark hair ever so slightly - my arms out stretched to either side. and in the center of it all you find my heart, bumping and thumping in the glow of december. as it lazily rises from its shallow grave like a zombie phoenix of fleshy ash, the winter calls again.


lol, cheers to the waning winter!

No comments: