Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Vana'diel Time

Sitting in this tiny house while cars grind dirty slush into the ground outside my drafty windows, I'm usually gravitated towards the exploration of virtual environments. My TV and computer monitor are like small windows into places much more lush and exciting than the gray drizzle of post-winter post-industrial Dayton. Specifically that of FFXI recently, but my MMO focus tends to shift with the seasons.

While trying to find out when a certain drop for a certain quest for a certain piece of armor that only my race/gender combo could wear, I came across this handy website that keeps track of all the different game-time related events and timers. I also found this:


The Vana'diel Clock. It tracks the moon phases, elemental days, and even airship arrival times for all the major cities. Does this blur the line between fantasy and reality a little too much? I don't think so - having this on my desk at work would sure take the edge off not being able to play... like a slow drip of a minuscule amount of heroine... heh, perhaps I'm not the best judge. I'll be sure to post some photos of the blizzard as soon as I dump the card.

No comments: